16 March 2009

I love you, you love me...


Sitting behind us on our flight back from Boston tonight was a super celebrity - BARNEY!  (Adults, if you are lost, consult your nearest toddler.  They know exactly who Barney is and will spontaneously break into song at the mere mention of his name.)  Now, when I say that Barney was sitting behind us, I don't mean an over-stuffed purple dinosaur.  I mean the man behind the mask, David Joyner.  He played Barney for 14 years and is now Hip Hop Harry on Discovery Kids and was so kind.  He even sang the clean-up song with Amelia and commented, "She's very focused.  What a smart kid... and I should know, I've seen a lot of kids."  So there you have it folks.  Straight from the dinosaur's mouth - Amelia is  smartie.  (But you already knew that, right?)  More about our Cambridge trip later.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow. What can I say? I never cared for Barney, although I, too, have sung the clean-up song. I suppose if he was smart enough to see Amelia's intelligence, I will think more of Barney...or the man who lived inside him anyway.