08 January 2010

Dirtbag.

Changes are likely coming to NBC late night: Jay Leno may be heading back to 11:35 p.m., with Conan O'Brien and his 'Tonight Show' pushed back to midnight.

Today the NY TImes reported some potential changes to late night TV programming. Now, I'm sure I've got all of the facts backwards because that is what I always seem to do, but indulge me for just a minute. I've said this for months and I'm going to repeat it one last time here. When Leno retired and handed the reigns of the Tonight Show over to Conan O'Brien, whom I love, he needed to really RETIRE. Not come back in a time slot that pre-empted O'Brien and split viewership. Now NBC is thinking of bringing Leno back to the Tonight Show and pushing O'Brien to midnight? Whatever. (This is Teishi's rant, not David's. And I'm kind of sorry to the Mays, who love Leno.)

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Agreed...Conan is 1,000,000 times funnier than Jay Leno, and Jimmy Fallon isn't too far behind. When you retire, it is time to retire, or move to a different station! Maybe he could go to the WB?!?