23 June 2009

Happy Birthday, Meels!


Well, it happened! Amelia turned two. (Parents officially sad that she isn't a baby anymore.) We threw a Mickey Mouse birthday party for her with family and friends in attendance. Let me tell you what - Amelia ate up every minute of it! From the attention and far too generous gifts to the wading pool ball-crawl and plastic bowling alley.

Ask her how old she is and you'll hear, "I two old." Even Amelia's "Gamma Lorla" flew out for the celebration. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to pull this party together and for all of the lavish attention that you showered upon a chatterbox toddler. She's still floating in the clouds.
Footnote: Amelia's birthday party would not be complete without our dear friend Brennan falling asleep, Purple Guy-style. (Every year he runs the Wasatch Back, an over-night relay race, right before her party. Even though he's wiped out, we're so glad that he comes!)

5 comments:

Felicity May said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Meels. Welcome to the "TERRIFIC TWO'S"
love the cake!

Lisa said...

We are so sad we missed an awesome bash! Happy Birthday, cute Amelia! Teishi, tell me about that cake...then, tell me you didn't make it so I can still feel accomplished in ordering Katie's cake from Sam's Club...

Michelle said...

Teishi, that cake was beautiful. Did you make it? Happy Birthday Amelia! I never thought my girls went through terrible twos BUT three is a whole different story! LOL I bet grandma Lorla was overjoyed to be there. So happy for you all!

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday Amelia!

Teishi Kennedy said...

Sorry Lisa. I made the cake. So easy - all fondant.